With another Game Developers Conference behind us, we’d like to first thank everyone who came by the Kontagent booth! Among all the awesome GDC 2013 panels and reveals, one thing is clear: mobile is the future of games and data will be its key.
A bold statement for sure. But before we get to why, here are some highlights from this year’s GDC.
- Currently, free-to-play mobile games only generate about 2 cents per hour of entertainment, but EA founder Trip Hawkins says that the industry is only going to get more lucrative in the future.
- Candy Crush Saga creator King officially dropped “.com” from its name and hosted a postmortem panel that had longer lines than Space Mountain.
- Epic and Mozilla are bringing Unreal Engine 3 to a browser near you.
- YouTube announced a new API that will make it easier for developers to insert live streaming tools into their games.
- Kabam co-founder Michael Li says porting a Web game to mobile is harder than it looks and more often than not it’s a complete teardown.
- A bandaged Hideo Kojima put an end to the Metal Gear Solid V/The Phantom Pain flame wars.
And now the moment you’ve been waiting for… Continue Reading…